Welcome to IMN – The Interim Ministry Network
All Interim Pastors are Transition Pastors but not all Transition Pastors are Interim Pastors
For over three decades, the Interim Ministry Network – IMN has dedicated itself to the health and wellness of church congregations. The wellness of churches is influenced by three kinds of learned leadership skills – prevention of unhealthy practices before they take root, maintenance of congregational health during times of stress or change and restorative care when it is required.
IMN has a skilled and proven faculty who are practicing ministers and rabbis with years of interfaith education experience. It offers regularly scheduled training programs, dedicated and specific news sources, an annual international conference, an advanced skills designation program (PTS and Church Consultants) and membership in a professional association. IMN provides clergy, administrators and lay leaders with contemporary education and training to help them avoid or reduce the severity of unhealthy practices, manage the effects of change and restore spiritual wellness where it has been lost.
What is Transitional Ministry?
TRANSITIONAL MINISTRY is ministry during a time of transition that involves training, task and time.
- TRANSITION is the process of coming to terms with change.
- TRAINING prepares the leader to address the need of the congregation and to guide them as they work on their transition tasks.
- TASK is the work that a congregation does in response to the change event.
- TIME is defined for the work on the tasks of transition. The time limits are clearly specified in the agreement the leader makes with the congregation before beginning the work.
Click on the flyer below to print and share with colleagues.
- IMN Connection Reflection
- Saturday prayer for interims and their families -Rev. Alan MeadJanuary 31, 2015
- Life and beauty observed during time of silence.January 30, 2015
- Accident and Delay Yield Unexpected Joy – By Rev. Alan MeadJanuary 28, 2015
- January 25th ReflectionJanuary 25, 2015
- January 24th ReflectionJanuary 24, 2015
- Annual Conference
IMN’s Fundamental of Transitional Ministry Training
February 24-26, 2015
St Paul’s Cathedral Center
Los Angeles, California
March 24-26, 2015
March 2-6, 2015
Marywood Retreat Center
May 11-15, 2015
Carol Joy Hollings Center