Welcome to IMN – The Interim Ministry Network
All Interim Pastors are Transition Pastors but not all Transition Pastors are Interim Pastors
For over three decades, the Interim Ministry Network – IMN has dedicated itself to the health and wellness of church congregations. The wellness of churches is influenced by three kinds of learned leadership skills – prevention of unhealthy practices before they take root, maintenance of congregational health during times of stress or change and restorative care when it is required.
IMN has a skilled and proven faculty who are practicing ministers and rabbis with years of interfaith education experience. It offers regularly scheduled training programs, dedicated and specific news sources, an annual international conference, an advanced skills designation program (PTS and Church Consultants) and membership in a professional association. IMN provides clergy, administrators and lay leaders with contemporary education and training to help them avoid or reduce the severity of unhealthy practices, manage the effects of change and restore spiritual wellness where it has been lost.
What is Transitional Ministry?
TRANSITIONAL MINISTRY is ministry during a time of transition that involves training, task and time.
- TRANSITION is the process of coming to terms with change.
- TRAINING prepares the leader to address the need of the congregation and to guide them as they work on their transition tasks.
- TASK is the work that a congregation does in response to the change event.
- TIME is defined for the work on the tasks of transition. The time limits are clearly specified in the agreement the leader makes with the congregation before beginning the work.
Click on the flyer below to print and share with colleagues.
- IMN Connection Reflection
- Importance of time to be quietJuly 27, 2015
- An Interim Journey Continues – By Alan MeadJuly 20, 2015
- A Moth Dies in Flames and Becomes a Lighted Wick – By Rev. Alan MeadJuly 13, 2015
- Reflections of Grief Touched with Hope – By Rev. Alan MeadJuly 10, 2015
- Seeing Beauty in the Everyday – By Rev. Alan MeadJuly 8, 2015
IMN’s Fundamental of Transitional Ministry Training
July 21-23, 2015
Cenacle Retreat Center
September 22-24, 2015
Holy Passionist Center
West Hartford, Connecticut
September 28-30, 2015
Five Oaks Retreat Center
Paris, Ontario CANADA
August 3-7, 2015
The Conference Center at the Maritime Institute
September 14-18, 2015
Cenacle Retreat Center
October 26-30, 2015
Genesis Retreat Center