Virtual Support Groups (VSG)
As an interim, you may be in an area where you have access to local interim support groups – and others are in areas where they are isolated from colleagues. With the wonders of technology – specifically Zoom, IMN is planning to connect interim pastors, for exchange of ideas and encouragement. The support groups will be free to IMN members and are offered through the IMN Member Support Team.
- Connect interim pastors to support one another by sharing intentional interim experiences
- Develop relationships among IMN members
- Problem solve together
- Share experience
- Mutually support one another emotionally, spiritually, vocationally
- Lessen isolation
Sign up Below to connect to a VSG.
IMN is now inviting members to join the next offerings of Virtual Support Groups. While we will continue to accept members to the groups, once a group has started, any requests will be held until new VSGs are announced.
Choose the VSG that fits your schedule. Then add to cart and then check out. The shopping cart will collect information about you. There is no payment required. Make sure you keep a copy of your registration. We will respond with confirmation that you have a spot in the VSG you chose.
IMN Virtual Support Groups are video-conference gatherings of people who share common experiences, situations, problems or conditions. On these calls, members offer and receive practical and emotional support related to the practice of transitional/interim ministry.
For more information, Click here to read this article “Value of Support” – By Alan Mead and Andrew Cooley.
- Groups are ecumenical
- Groups are co-hosted by a pair of IMN members
- Groups meet for 1 ½ hours, once a month
- IMN staff schedule the monthly calls with Zoom and send each member of the group an email with the log-on information for the next meeting
- Members need to have internet access and technology (computer, tablet, phone) to access video meetings. (Later, we may begin a voice-only meeting, if there is demand to meet without seeing each other)
- Each group is limited to ten IMN members, so that all may participate in the conversation
- There is no charge to participate in IMN Virtual Support Groups
- Members are expected to participate in each call, unless they contact a co-host in advance