Virtual Support Groups
For more information read this article The Value of Support-By Alan Mead and Andrew Cooley.
IMN Virtual Support Groups are video-conference gatherings of people who share common experiences, situations, problems or conditions. On these calls, members offer and receive practical and emotional support related to the practice of transitional/interim ministry.
- Connect interim pastors to support one another by sharing intentional interim experiences
- Develop relationships among IMN members
- Problem solve together
- Share experience
- Mutually support one another emotionally, spiritually, vocationally
- Lessen isolation
- Groups will be ecumenical
- Groups will be co-hosted by a pair of IMN members
- Groups meet for 1 ½ hours, once a month
- IMN staff will schedule the monthly calls with Zoom and send each member of the group an email with the log-on information for the next meeting
- Members will need to have internet access and technology (computer, tablet, phone) to access video meetings. (Later, we may begin a voice-only meeting, if there is demand to meet without seeing each other)
- Each group is limited to twelve IMN members, so that all may participate in the conversation
- There is no charge to participate in a pilot IMN Virtual Support Group
- Members are expected to participate in each call, unless they contact a co-host in advance
IMN is now soliciting members to join the next offering of Virtual Support Groups. If you are interested, Click here for the IMN Virtual Support Group Registration Form . While we will continue to accept members to the groups, once a groups has started, any requests will be held until new VSGs are announced. Ellen Goudy will respond with your confirmation.