Step One – Fundamentals of Transitional Ministry: The Work of the Leader (FTML)
With over 40 years of ecumenical professional education experience the IMN faculty are a extensively trained and experienced team of practitioners of Intentional Interim Ministry.
This four-day, self-contained Fundamentals of Transitional Ministry: The Work of the Leader course introduces theories that are foundational to interim ministry. The class hours are devoted to providing opportunities for experiential learning through the use of case studies and sacred story. The work of the interim leader is presented and discussed along with tools and resources that facilitate the work of the transitional leader.
While this course emphasizes the work of the transition pastor, it is helpful to judicatory and lay leaders to make informed and healthy choices about clergy leadership during times of transition.
The four days are focused on:
Foundations of Transitional Ministry. Using General Systems Theory, Bowen Family Systems Theory and William Bridges’ Theory on Change and Transition, attendees explore the unique dynamics of congregations in transition and understand how a congregation as a system responds to loss/changes and begins to explore alternative responses. The day emphasizes importance of differentiation of self for the transition leader and resources to help others understand current relationships.
Tools for the Transitional Leader. Devoted to developing leadership skills that are basic to the practice of transitional ministry, this day explores the value of intentional and thoughtful listening, why power analysis is important in a congregation and the importance of taking care of self as a precursor to knowing and leading a congregation in transition.
The Work of the Transitional Leader. Examine the process that a leader goes through from beginning to end in an interim situation. This Process Task include Joining the System, Analyzing the System, Discerning Responsibility and Establishing Priorities, Connecting the Congregation and the Denomination, and Evaluating and Adjusting to a New Future.
FTM: The Work of the Leader 2021/2022 Virtual ZOOM Classes
The Tuition for each class is $750.00.
Tuition includes a 1 year of IMN Membership and the FTML Manual.
STEPS TO REGISTER
- Choose the dates of your desired class.
- Click on add to cart – You will then be directed to the shopping cart where you will select your payment option.
- Cancellations are considered on a case to case basis. Once the Manual links have be sent no refund is available.
All dates, times, locations and/or pricing are subject to change.
- February 22-25, 2022 (10am-6pm) SOLD OUT
- March 14-15 & 21-22 2022 (11am-7pm)
- April 26-29, 2022 (9am-5pm)
- May 17-20, 2022 (9am-5pm)
- June 27-30, 2022 (10am-6pm)
- July 27-22, 2022 (9am-5pm)
- August 23-26, 2022 (9am-5pm)
- September 20-23, 2022 (10am-6pm)
- October 18-21, 2022 (11am-7pm)
- December 6-9, 2022 (9am-5pm)
- To introduce basic theories that are a foundation to interim ministry,
- Provide opportunities for experiential learning through the use of case studies and sacred story,
- Present and discuss the work of the interim leader,
- To introduce the tools/resources that facilitate the work of the interim leader.
These goals are accomplished by providing information about the impact of the departure of the clergy person on a congregation and to describe healthy attitudes and practices of the Intentional Interim Leader.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Senior or associate pastors wanting to gain skills in managing transitions
- Retired or partially retired pastors wanting to advance skills in change management
- Experienced ministers considering a call to the professional specialty of intentional interim ministry. (Pre-requisite course for interims.)
- Current interim pastors trained more than five years ago
- Lay ministers or leaders with management responsibilities
- Denominational middle management
- Seminarians interested in change/conflict management specialization
It is important to prepare prior to attending the course with our REQUIRED READINGS. You are asked to read in advance and bring with you to the event the following materials: All books can be purchased through the IMN Amazon bookstore. By clicking on any of the book titles you will be connected to the amazon or other publishers.